Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm back...with a VENGEANCE!!

I need to apologize to those few people that seem remotely interested in my 1001 movie blog.  The last few months have been an insane rollercoaster ride both personally and professionally and I am sad to say (and I'm sure you've noticed) that my quest to watch and post on the 1001 movies everyone should see before they die has been neglected like a redheaded stepchild or the leper colony, however I vow to come back and post regularly!

I hope that everyone's summer has been going great and that movies have been watched by all, both old and new.  I've seen more new movies this summer than I have in a long time and I must say they have not disappointed.  While some movies certainly lacked plot finesse, (which is a summer norm) I can certainly say that I've shoveled more popcorn into my gaping gob this year than others.  Action sequences abound with stunning 3D effects produced some movies that I will certainly see again on DVD release.  To those that know me it won't be any surprise that my favorite movie of the summer thus far has been Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  Yes, yes I know it's been overdone and lots of people have been frustrated with this series (myself included), but the last part brought the series to a tumultuous close leaving me with a bittersweet feeling.  I personally have felt so invested with both the books and the movies that I feel like I have no other large volume book made into movie series that I can look forward to in the future....hang on a minute! 

It is purported that Ron Howard is set to make Stephen King's EPIC 7 book Dark Tower series into 3 feature length films with a TV series to tie in between the movies.  Hells yes!  Anyone that enjoys reading and enjoys fantasy mixed with a little horror and some serious drama should certainly read the Dark Tower series.  Even the rumor that this is going to happen makes me happy happy joy joy.

OK enough rambling on my part.  I have enough thoughts to spew onto here that I could write my own 7 book series.  Before I forget, I have also started a Twitter account directly related to the blog and will certainly post my own random thoughts on movies and anything movie related as I feel the need.  You can follow me @ PremortemPS  

Enjoy those movies folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment